I know off days will happen while I’m on my healing journey.
I knew that some days I would wake up with some pain and discomfort from my tumor and those days have been frequent this week. So instead of focusing on my discomfort or even having a pity party, I am going to list the things I am most grateful for to get myself back into check:
- My Husband: From the second we learned of this mass on my body he has done whatever he can to help make this journey easy for me, no questions asked. He steps up when I need him regardless of what it is. This has only brought us closer.
- My support system in general: I have the most loving, caring, healthy support system around me who will go to the ends of the earth for me. I would do the same for them in a heart beat.
- My Career: I have a job that doesn’t make me stress out after hours, that realizes this is just a job and not my life AND allows me to do what I love to do; write.
- My Health: While right now I have a “diagnosis” I am still very healthy and it could be SO MUCH WORSE. I can move freely, work out hard, go for long walks on warm days and look forward to all the future has to offer
- I am Changing My Life: I have not felt this type of mental and spiritual clarity – EVER! I feel like I have a purpose and its clicking for me. This feeling is one I wish for everyone.
- The Season: It’s finally Spring! I am outside a lot more often, my days are a lot longer, the weather is warmer and nature is coming alive.
- My Dog: I know this is silly but the other day I walked by a teenager when I was walking my dog and I heard her say “UGH, I can’t wait until I can get a dog!” and it reminded me of when I felt that way and how grateful I was to have him and how hes perfect for us making us laugh constantly and being the mess he is.
Okay. I feel better already. There will be days like this no matter what you’re facing or even if you’re not facing anything at all. Feel your struggles and your frustrations then simply let them go. Life is wonderful.
What are you most grateful for? I’d love to hear your list as well.